Upwork used to be known as Elance-oDesk. It is an international freelancing program which connects businesses and experts in various fields for collaboration. All these take place remotely. In 2015, Elance-oDesk changed its name to Upwork. Likewise, their vision is to to create profitable opportunities so people can have better lives. Furthermore, having a verified Upwork account is a great way to find more clients and to run and grow your own freelance business.
Sign Up For a Verified Upwork Account
To sign up for a verified account with Upwork, you need to walk through the following steps:
- First of all, visit the Upwork website, www.upwork.com. And select ‘sign up’ and go through the account opening process
- The next process is to upload your identity documents that show you are who you claimed to be. Certainly. such documents like a valid government-issued identity card. This ID must show your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address. Also. the documents they accept may be a passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver’s license, etc.
- A recent billing receipt. Even more, the receipt must include your name, address, and the utility company or bank information should be clear. Hence, make sure the news on your identity card matches with the one placed on Upwork. Acceptable billing receipts are bank statements, credit card statements, and utility bills.
- Also, focus on your content. Similarly, feature your significant work experiences and skills without been too repetitive.
- Further, take a professional video. Before the video, plan what you will say ahead. Record the video in the best possible quality.
- Finally, keep the video of short length and professional.
Rules Of Verified Upwork Account
- Create only one account from a computer.
- Never copy & paste others’ portfolio.
- Do not use the same cover letter every time.
- Never misbehave or appear rude to your clients.
- Upwork requires verification to uphold the Upwork terms and service.
Why Upwork might require you to verify your Identity include:
- In other to determine the ownership of duplicate accounts
- To determine ownership of linked accounts
- Also, to help in resuming your account
- To identify account showing suspicious or high-risk activity
- To comply with the requirement to know your customer (KYC)
- Any other reason that Upwork feels necessary, including periodical checks is for the reason to maintain its reputation.
Documents Needed For A verified Upwork Account
- Scan two documents to verify your Identity who you ear. Please, do not crop, rotate, touch up, adjust colors, or alter the images.
- Your government-issued identity card.
- This ID must feature your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address.
- The image must be color scanned, which shows the data on it. Furthermore, you will scan the the four edges of the ID card. If the expiration date is at the back of your Identity cared, you will send up work a scan of the back of the card also.
Acceptable documents at upwork include passport, national ID card, driver’s license, tax ID, voter ID. Also, postal ID, or any other government-issued photo ID that meets the requirements
Prepare for Verification
Before you begin:
- Gather and scan the necessary documents.
- If you need to verify the authenticity of an identity verification request, contact support.
Unable to verify your Identity?
- Upwork may, at our discretion:
- Suspend payments from your account
- Suspend all of your contracts
- Revoke the Upwork Payment Protection for your existing contracts
- Suspend or close your account
- Suspend or close suspected duplicate accounts
Warning—Deliberately uploading false documents is a crime, and we will lock up violators and suspend them. Similarly, Upwork may report users who attempt to send fake or falsified documents.
Identity Review Process
Finally, Upwork will check your uploaded documents to be sure it matches their requirements. This is about three to four business days. Also, Upwork will notify you when we complete the review.
Furthermore, In addition to the verification process above, they may require you to submit additional documentation or a short video. Finally, it may also be necessary to contact you for a live video call (Skype, for instance).