Are you an Instagram user? Then there’s a great chance it is not the social media handle you operate. The Instagram app allows you easily send your post to other social networks. This includes Facebook (which owns Instagram). Facebook stopped allowing almost all third-party apps to post to its personal feeds as a result of the Cambridge Analytica breach in 2018. This affected other social networks except for Instagram. So if you are planning to send a post to a bunch of services, including Facebook, Instagram maybe your best option.
Here’s how you can share your Instagram post through the iPhone app (The Android app is very similar):
CONNECT YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS
To share Instagram photos to other social networks, you’ll need to link those accounts.
- From the Instagram home screen, tap your profile icon, followed by the menu in the top right
- Select “Account” > “Linked Accounts”
- Select the account you want to link, and enter your login information. You can link a number of networks, including Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
POST YOUR PHOTO TO INSTAGRAM AND OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS
Now, you can set it so that when your photo posts to Instagram, it will post to other social media accounts automatically:
- In the Instagram app, select the plus sign in the centre of the bottom of the screen. Select the image you want to share, and then tap “Next.”
- Apply whatever filters and edits you want to the photo. Tap “Next” again.
- On the final screen before the photo posts, you’ll have the option to write a caption, tag friends, and add a location. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a list of your Instagram accounts (if you have several). You’ll also see a list of all the social media accounts you’ve linked to your Instagram account.
- Click on all of the social networks to which you want to post the photo