The upshot of productivity has certainly turned the spotlight on digital marketing. You have to agree with me that digital marketing is one course you need to learn with significant growth in recent years varying from increased sales to better job opportunities to better visibility. According to Pew research, it was recorded that there was a 5% increase in the “constant” usage of the internet by adults in the space of three years with over 4.48 billion people accessing the internet every day.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing refers to the use of digital technologies to market products and services on the internet. It helps you to move with the focus of your potential customers even when they are glued to their electronic gadgets.
Let’s look at it this way, remember the era of gigantic billboards, handbills, posters and so on. Well, they are rapidly phasing out as several people are glued to their phones, probably checking a message, email or surfing the internet.
Therefore it is essential to acquire cognitive knowledge on digital marketing as it gives you an edge. Digital marketing can come in the form of writing blog posts, building websites, email campaigns, social media Ads, online brochures, etc.
Still, want to know more of what Digital marketing entails and what you stand by taking its course? Well, hold that thought.
Why digital marketing training?
Great importance has been placed on it because it allows you to meet customers needs by creating content on goods and services that meet these needs. It was forecasted that by the year 2020 there will be over 150000 digital marketing jobs. Well, guess what it’s the beginning of 2020 and what better time to get certified. With online presence increases day by day there is a need to acquire more knowledge and skill on how to use this growing technology to your benefit. It allows you to;
- Connect with potential customers and also find out exactly what they are looking for
- It gives you visibility both locally and internationally
- It is economical in allowing you to reach more customers than traditional marketing methods.
- Utilize tools like the analytical dashboards to track campaigns success and Return on investment (ROI)
The major categories of Digital Marketing include;
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This involves increasing the “rank” status of your website on search engine pages. It increases in the number of organic (free traffic) your website receives. This simply means that more people will visit your site.
- Content Marketing: Involves a marketing approach that focuses mainly on creating and promoting relevant and consistent content that generates brand awareness and motivate customers to take profitable actions. Forms of content marketing include; blog posts, Ebooks and Whitepapers, Infographics which is a visual form of content that allows web visitors visualize what you are trying to get them to learn.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM): This type of marketing focuses on the use of social media handles such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc. to promote brands as well as drive traffic to your business.
- Pay Per Click (PPC): Pay Per Click is another way to drive traffic to your website. This is usually done by paying every time your Ad is clicked. One of the most common PPC is Google Ads.
- Email Marketing: Email is also a good way to market. With a large percentage of people with emails for different reasons, customers can be sent emails on products services and events. This medium can prompt the receiver to make a purchase.
Benefits of digital marketing training
Nobody wants to spend so much time and energy on what they are not sure they would benefit from. However, with digital marketing training, you are sure to get value for your money. Here are some of the things you stand to gain;
- Become a sought-after professional: Thinking of going for a digital marketing training? Then you are on the right track as jobs in digital marketing are in constant demand. A course in digital marketing allows you to gain the skills and expertise needed to secure a well-paid job in the future.
- Increased job value: It increases your value. It also gives you insight into various roles embedded in the digital marketing world.
- Better pay: Yes, it can add more zeros to your paycheck. The current demand and supply for digital marketing professionals are inversely proportional.
- Flexible working hours: Location is not a barrier. You can work from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection.
- Creativity: The goal of digital marketing is to add colour to the digital space. If you love experimenting and would like to move with the trend a digital marketing course is a must.
I am ready to take a digital marketing course. Now what?
First of all, you have made the right choice and you are on the right track. Praxis Digital Academy offers you an intensive course in digital marketing this January with a step-by-step guide that would help you build your digital marketing career. For further information on how to register and our fees kindly call us on 08039306507, send us an email to www.digitalacademy.ng/digital-marketing or better still visit our office located at 52 Isheri Rd, Ojodu, Lagos.