Delete Netflix profile account from all devices
Netflix created different profiles six years ago to allow users to set up five separate sub-accounts. Hence, two or more people can use the same account on one Netflix profile. Like your wife, kids, and friends who visit.
But sometimes, for reasons known to you, you might need to delete one profile. Wonder how to do that? Happily, deleting a Netflix profile is easy, straightforward, which takes just a few seconds. Irrespective of the kind device you are using, you can do this. Certainly, you don’t have to remove a profile to clean off your view history.
Furthermore, open your computer, go to the viewing activity page right under account management) and delete anything you didn’t watch. Also, you can delete other viewing histories you don’t want others to know you watched. Likewise,doing this will prevent you from getting strange and inappropriate suggestions from Netflix.
Should you want to delete an unused Netflix profile? Follow these simple steps.
DELETING FROM PC
First, sign in to your Netflix account. For mobile phone users, use the Netflix app for iOS or Android and not a browser. For those on a computer, I suppose you are already logged in. Probably, should you not, go to Netflix and select the Sign In button, located just in the upper-right corner.
After you log into your account, the system might urge you to select a profile among the available ones. Also, go ahead and chose one suitable for your kind of films. Hence, select the icon in the upper-right corner to open a drop-down menu. After which you click on the Manage Profiles.
Furthermore, find the profile you want to delete and select the pencil icon in the center. This will lead you to a menu that appears like the one below:
- Click delete profile
- On the next screen, click the delete profile the second time.
- Go back to the manage profiles screen
- Finally, Click Done, to go back to the Profile Selection screen.
HOW TO DELETE FROM A SMARTPHONE OR TABLET
- You can delete Netflix profiles from the Netflix mobile app.
- Open up the app, and select the sign in icon located in the upper-right corner.
- Enter your details.
- Proceed to the Profile Selection screen.
- Finally, go to the upper-right corner, where you click on Edit.
How To DELETE FROM A STREAMING DEVICE OR SMART TV
Even more, deleting a Netflix Profile from a streaming device such as a Roku Premiere, an Amazon Fire TV Cube or a smart TV differs. Because it depends on what operating system is running on your device, which is quite easy to know using the following steps:
- Tap to open your Netflix app
- The Netflix profile Selection screen does offer a method for deletion. For instance, the Roku Netflix app has little pencil icons you can use navigate to the location below the profile icons).
- Otherwise, look for the Settings screen and see what you can explore.