Since its launch in August 2020 Ayoba has continued to grow. It allows its users to communicate with other app user and non-app users. Users can send images, text, make phone calls and also send or receive money.
The app is localised for African and Middle East customers. It is also under an independent Over the Top (OTT) brand and has unique features for MTN subscribers.
“We believe that our customers in Africa and the Middle East deserve a communication platform that expresses our unique voice, honours our rich identity through local languages, and addresses our customers’ specific needs and challenges by offering a data-included offering for MTN users, Mobile Money transfers (coming soon) and locally relevant content via channels,” says MTN Group President and CEO, Rob Shuter. The app supports some local languages across the MTN market.
It is currently operational in 8 Mtn markets namely; Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Congo Brazzaville, Afghanistan and South Africa. You can download the app on google play store or via their website at www.ayoba.me
Ayoba Key Features include;
- Security: Messages are end-end encrypted and only
- Channels: you can subscribe to channels that offer contents that are relevant to your locality.
- Local language: The app is available in the top local languages of where it has been launched.
- Money Transfer: A plus feature of this app is that it allows you to send and receive money.
- Chat now: You can easily send and receive texts or even send voice messages with your contacts regardless of device or network they use.